Vintage Cups: Find Your Unique Piece Today

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding old cups in their original boxes, specifically a Pink Floyd cup and a Java mug with a steamy cup graphic. The speaker mentioned checking when the Antiques Roadshow would be in town and shared a link about the meaning behind the Pink Floyd cup design. They also mentioned the sentimental value of the cups, as one was a gift from their daughter. The conversation ended with a remark about the interesting mix of Pink Floyd and Star Trek themes.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I was looking around and found these old cups in their original boxes:

cups.jpg

• Love
Likes Hamiltonian, DrClaude, collinsmark and 6 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Serendipity. Today I found a large black Java mug left on my desk by Oracle when they introduced Java to software engineers. Sorry, too tired to post pic but beautiful red-on-black graphic of a steamy cup.
1647209656512.png

Likes hutchphd and dlgoff
Klystron said:
... beautiful red-on-black graphic of a steamy cup.
1647209656512-png.png
Cool. Thanks for posting the pic.

Likes Klystron
dlgoff said:
I was looking around and found these old cups in their original boxes:

View attachment 298331
I was wondering where I got these. Turns out my youngest daughter bought them for me on my birthday when she was still in high school.

Likes Klystron, hutchphd and berkeman
dlgoff said:
Turns out my youngest daughter bought them for me on my birthday when she was still in high school.
Pink Floyd and Star Trek -- interesting juxtaposition...! :smile:

Likes dlgoff

1. What makes a cup considered "vintage"?

A cup is considered vintage if it was made at least 20-30 years ago and is no longer in production. It may also have unique characteristics or designs that are no longer commonly seen in modern cups.

2. How can I determine the value of a vintage cup?

The value of a vintage cup depends on factors such as its rarity, condition, and demand. You can research similar cups online or consult with a professional appraiser to get an idea of its value.

3. Are vintage cups safe to use for drinking?

In most cases, vintage cups are safe to use for drinking as long as they are properly cleaned and do not have any cracks or chips. However, it is always recommended to use caution and inspect the cup before using it for food or drinks.

4. Where can I find vintage cups?

You can find vintage cups at antique stores, thrift shops, flea markets, and online marketplaces. You can also attend vintage or antique fairs and events to find unique pieces.

5. How can I care for my vintage cups?

To ensure the longevity of your vintage cups, it is important to hand wash them with mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the cup's surface. Store them in a cool, dry place and handle them with care to prevent any accidental damage.