Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Curious about Quantam Movement

1. Jan 10, 2005 #1
    I have a feeling someone will answer this question well enough for me using probability as the explanation but what happens during the most basic movement of a quantum particle? I was wondering what physically happens during the movement of a single photon. If energy is quantized then, correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't that mean there is no fluid movement? Wouldn't it require a continuosly diminishing amount of energy to say that a particle could have moved any of infinite amounts less then a single quantum unit, which would make it invalid to say a particle occupied a solid line from point A to point B but rather instantiated itself at some interval along the trajectory? I was thinking of this when I thought of entanglement and it occured to me that if a particle has no smallest unit of distance then it is not necessarily bound by distance and thus not necessarily bound by anything except the conditions of the system that it is in.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted