Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Curious Layman

1. Feb 18, 2015 #1
    Hello, all.

I'm a bit of a layman, spent some time as an engineering major back when, so I basically know just enough to get myself in trouble, generally.

My main reason for joining this forum? (Don't laugh) I'm a relatively serious disc golfer. There's not a lot of information out here specific to the physics involved with a spinning disc flying through air. I'm involved with a couple of discgolf forums, where occasionally argument pertaining to the physics of disc flight break out, and there seems to be a lot of wild conjecture and not much knowlege. I'm hoping to be able to ask some questions here from time to time about that, as well as imporve my knowlege generally.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 18, 2015 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. Feb 18, 2015 #3

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor

Huh. After googling (never heard of it!) it's not what I imagined. I was picturing Tiger Woods with a hockey stick and a puck, whereas this looks like some sort of hardcore frisbee.

Welcome to PF!

5. Feb 18, 2015 #4
    Thanks, great to be here, this is a cool forum.

Yeah, get that a lot, lol. Small but growing sport, sometimes still called frisbee golf by "outsiders" lol.

6. Feb 18, 2015 #5
    Hey thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook