Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Curl over surface

  1. Feb 9, 2014 #1
    If I can compute the divergence over an closed curve (or an area) and too over an closed surface (ie, an volume) so I can, actually, to compute the divergence over a n-manifold.
    [tex]\nabla \cdot \vec{F} = \lim_{\Delta V → 0} \frac{1}{\Delta V} \oint_{S} \vec{F} \cdot \hat{n} dS[/tex][tex]\nabla \cdot \vec{F} = \lim_{\Delta A → 0} \frac{1}{\Delta A} \oint_{C} \vec{F} \cdot \hat{n} dr[/tex]So, make sense speak about the curl of a 2-manifold? Do you undestand my ask? Exist a math formlation for the curl over a curve
    [tex](\nabla \times \vec{F}) \cdot \hat{n}= \lim_{\Delta S → 0} \frac{1}{\Delta S} \oint_{C} \vec{F} \cdot d\vec{r}[/tex]but, exist for a surface?
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted