Adding I1,I2,I3,I4 to Get I5 - Tips & Tricks

In summary, The conversation is discussing how to calculate I5, with one person suggesting using the formula I3-I4+I2+I1 and another person confirming that it is correct with the reminder to consider the direction of current flow and the rule that all currents entering a vertex are positive and all currents leaving are negative.
Matty9879
What is I5 I think its I3-I4+I2+I1 but not surehow to add em up any tips?

thanks

Attachments

• i1.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 235
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes,it is correct.Electric charge is conserved.With the regular choise of signs,the I_{5} should be -12A.

Daniel.

Matty9879 said:
What is I5 I think its I3-I4+I2+I1 but not surehow to add em up any tips?
Think of current as water flow. The current at a point is the sum of all currents entering at that point minus all currents leaving that point. Your answer is correct.

AM

Thanks for the reassurance but by the way it wasnt neative

It had to be.That's the rule.All currents entering a vertex are positive,while all which are leaving are negative.

Daniel.

1. How do I add I1, I2, I3, and I4 to get I5?

The process of adding I1, I2, I3, and I4 to get I5 is quite simple. First, make sure that all the values are in the same unit of measurement. Then, add the numbers together to get a total sum. This sum will be your I5 value.

2. Can I add I1, I2, I3, and I4 if they have different units of measurement?

No, it is important to make sure that all the values are in the same unit of measurement before adding them together. If the units are different, you will need to convert them to the same unit before adding.

3. Are there any tips for adding I1, I2, I3, and I4 more efficiently?

One helpful tip is to organize the numbers in a column and add them together from right to left. This can help avoid any errors and make the process quicker.

4. What should I do if I get a decimal or fraction when adding I1, I2, I3, and I4?

If you get a decimal or fraction when adding, make sure to round your final answer to the appropriate number of significant figures. This will ensure that your answer is accurate and precise.

5. Can I use a calculator to add I1, I2, I3, and I4?

Yes, you can use a calculator to add I1, I2, I3, and I4. Just make sure that you are using the correct units and rounding to the appropriate number of significant figures for an accurate answer.