1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current and Resistance Problem

1. Mar 26, 2009 #1
    A hair dryer draws a current of 9.7 A.

(a) How much charge passes through the hair dryer in 3.5 min?
    C
    (b) How many electrons does this represent?
    electrons

i am sick and i have the hw due tomorrow so i really have no idea how to do it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2009 #2

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That you don't know how to do a shows a serious lack of understanding of a concept like current. So I suppose that you first read your text or my post here so that you know what you are talking about. Hopefully you will then see that a) is extremely easy, once you get the definitions right.

4. Mar 26, 2009 #3

jambaugh

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Look at the units of an Ampere.
    Look at the charge per electron in Coulombs.

These are very basic questions to see if you understand the meanings of the quantities. If you understand then the solution is relatively obvious. Look up the definition of units of current in your textbook.

5. Mar 26, 2009 #4
    yup thx compu chimp i get it now :)...ive been sick for a week fyi ><

6. Mar 26, 2009 #5

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Being sick is annoying (apart from the fact that you're not feeling well for a while, of course), because you have to catch up with a lot of material.

BTW, if sickness prevents you from handing in your homework in time, you can always ask your teacher to grant you a delay.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook