Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current and voltage op-amp

1. Feb 25, 2006 #1
    in most cases would we prefer voltage op-amp or current op-amp and why?

when to use op-amp as voltage or current amplifier?

thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 26, 2006 #2
    Up until FET inputs on op-amps, ALL op-amps were current input devices. Using resistors in various feedback schemes they are made to act as voltage input devices.

4. Feb 26, 2006 #3
    ok , i got it now! could you please attach some schemes on both types (voltage and current op-amps)

thanks a lot!

5. Feb 27, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

6. Feb 27, 2006 #5
    i've download that file but couldn't be read by my PC , it says that the file is damaged

regards!

7. Feb 27, 2006 #6

berkeman

Check to be sure that you are using the latest Acrobat Reader version, and maybe see if any of your other friends can read it okay. Otherwise, just use the original google search to look for similar write-ups. The TI on is especially good though.

8. Feb 28, 2006 #7
    i have acrobat reader 7.0 ...what did you mean by write-ups could you clarify more, are they other softwares similar to acrobat reader...

many thanks to you!

9. Feb 28, 2006 #8

berkeman

By write-ups, I just meant some of the other hits on the google search that I mentioned. Best of luck. -Mike-

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?