Is there molecular friction and movement in balanced loads at the quantum level?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of balanced 120/240v service and whether there is molecular friction and movement at the molecular level in Quantum Physics. While the math and vectoral math support the idea that there would be no current flow, there is a question of whether there is still some movement or friction that may not be measurable by conventional equipment. The conversation ends with a request for opinions on this issue.
peetey
I have a questions about 120/240v service under balanced loads. When I have a balanced 120v loads the neutral carries no current. I understand the math and vectoral math to this. I am wondering if at molecular level in Quantum Physics if there is actually molecular friction and movement but it is not measurable by any conventional equipment like tong meters? Normally current flows back to source of what created it. Maybe someone can assist with this.

Peetey

Physics news on Phys.org
I would think that at the molecular level there would be movement or Molecular friction. I just need to get confirmation on my suspicion. For all intensive purpose there should be no current flow as far as a measurable level. Looking for any opinion on this issue...

1. What is current canceling in neutral?

Current canceling in neutral is a technique used to reduce or eliminate the flow of current through a neutral conductor in a three-phase power system. This is achieved by injecting equal and opposite currents into the neutral conductor, effectively canceling out any residual current.

2. Why is current canceling in neutral necessary?

Current flowing through a neutral conductor can cause a number of issues, such as overheating, voltage fluctuations, and power quality problems. Current canceling in neutral helps to mitigate these issues and ensure a more stable and efficient power system.

3. How does current canceling in neutral work?

The principle behind current canceling in neutral is based on the superposition theorem, which states that the total current flowing through a point in a circuit is equal to the sum of the individual currents. By injecting equal and opposite currents into the neutral conductor, the net current is reduced or eliminated.

4. What are the benefits of current canceling in neutral?

Some of the main benefits of current canceling in neutral include improved power quality, reduced losses and energy consumption, and increased system stability. This technique also helps to prolong the lifespan of equipment and reduce the risk of electrical fires.

5. Are there any drawbacks to current canceling in neutral?

While current canceling in neutral can bring many benefits, it also has some limitations. For instance, it may not be effective in systems with unbalanced loads or if the neutral conductor is not properly sized. Additionally, the equipment used for current canceling in neutral can be costly and require ongoing maintenance.