Current Carrying Loop Diagram

In summary, a current carrying loop diagram is a graphical representation of a loop of wire through which an electric current is flowing. It is created by drawing a loop of wire and labeling the direction of the current using arrows, and the magnetic field lines are then drawn around the wire. The purpose of a current carrying loop diagram is to visually represent the relationship between an electric current and the magnetic field it creates, and it can be used to predict the behavior of a magnetic compass. There are many real-world applications of current carrying loop diagrams, including in the design and analysis of electromagnetic devices and the study of magnetic fields.
Revolutioninc
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can send me diagrams or a website illustrating :-
- current-carrying loop in a magnetic field, B.
- showing all different angles, direction of forces acting on it.

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums, Revolutioninc!

Please be sure to read the posting guidelines ... no double posts. :grumpy:

Continue discussion https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=84836

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there,

I would be happy to help you with your request for diagrams or websites illustrating a current-carrying loop in a magnetic field. Here are a few resources that may be helpful:

1. This website from HyperPhysics provides a visual representation of a current-carrying loop in a magnetic field, including the direction of forces acting on it: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/magnetic/curloo.html

2. The Khan Academy has a video tutorial on the topic that includes diagrams and explanations: https://www.khanacademy.org/science...e/v/magnetic-force-on-a-current-carrying-wire

3. This YouTube video from Crash Course Physics also has a clear explanation and diagrams of a current-carrying loop in a magnetic field:

I hope these resources are helpful to you. Let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with. Best of luck with your studies!

1. What is a current carrying loop diagram?

A current carrying loop diagram is a graphical representation of a loop of wire through which an electric current is flowing. It is used to illustrate the direction and magnitude of the current in the loop, as well as the magnetic field lines that are produced as a result of the current.

2. How is a current carrying loop diagram created?

A current carrying loop diagram is typically created by drawing a loop of wire and labeling the direction of the current using arrows. The magnetic field lines are then drawn around the wire, with the direction of the field indicated by the orientation of the lines.

3. What is the purpose of a current carrying loop diagram?

The purpose of a current carrying loop diagram is to visually represent the relationship between an electric current and the magnetic field it creates. It can also be used to calculate the strength and direction of the magnetic field at different points around the loop.

4. Can a current carrying loop diagram be used to predict the behavior of a magnetic compass?

Yes, a current carrying loop diagram can be used to predict the behavior of a magnetic compass. The magnetic field produced by the current will cause the compass needle to align with the field lines, providing information about the direction and strength of the current.

5. Are there any real-world applications of current carrying loop diagrams?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of current carrying loop diagrams. They are commonly used in the design and analysis of electric motors, generators, and other electromagnetic devices. They are also used in the study of magnetic fields and their effects on various materials and objects.