Current controlled device

In summary, the person is asking about using a current source ranging from 5ua to 270ua for active digital components. They clarify that the current source is used in a system without any voltage bias and they want to actively control the current to diodes over temperature. They express dissatisfaction with the current method of using a thermistor based network for this task.
lennybogzy
what can i do with a current source from 5ua to 270ua if i want some sort of active digital components

Engineering news on Phys.org
lennybogzy said:
what can i do with a current source from 5ua to 270ua if i want some sort of active digital components

Could you please give more details about what you are wanting to do? What is the context of your question? IC design, circuit design, system design? What is your "current source"?

system provides the current in a "this is all you get" sort of way and no voltage bias. I want to be able to actively control current to some diodes over temperature. Currently this is accomplished passively through the use of a thermistor based network, and it sucks!

There's got to be a better way

1. What is a current controlled device?

A current controlled device is an electronic device that uses an external current to control its operation. Unlike voltage-controlled devices, which use voltage as the input signal, current-controlled devices use current as the input signal.

2. How does a current controlled device work?

A current controlled device works by converting an input current signal into an output voltage or current signal. The device typically contains transistors, which can amplify and manipulate the input current to produce the desired output signal.

3. What are some examples of current controlled devices?

Some common examples of current controlled devices include transistors, operational amplifiers, and thyristors. These devices are widely used in electronic circuits for various applications such as amplification, switching, and signal processing.

4. What are the advantages of using current controlled devices?

One major advantage of using current controlled devices is their high input impedance, which means they require very little current to operate. This makes them ideal for use in low-power applications. Additionally, they offer greater precision and stability compared to voltage-controlled devices.

5. How are current controlled devices different from voltage controlled devices?

The main difference between current controlled devices and voltage controlled devices is the type of input signal they use. While current controlled devices use current as the input signal, voltage controlled devices use voltage. This difference can affect the device's performance, stability, and sensitivity to external factors such as temperature and noise.