Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Current PM statis: Low

1. Jun 3, 2003 #1
    Current PM statis: Low

now that's low! :wink: (it may be that i only say this becuase my status is low but i think it generally is kind-of stupid, and only adds to the strange competition in this place)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2003 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: status

LMAO!

*wipes tears from eyes*

No, maximus, PM=Private Message. If your PM box is not very full, the status is "low". If it is quite full, the status is "high". It is only an indicator that tells you when to empty out your box, and only you can see your status.

Want me to send you a few PM's to "boost your status"? :wink:

4. Jun 4, 2003 #3
    Oh, this is a funny misunderstanding, indeed.

I shot maximus a PM so he could watch his status go up! (while my post count does the same, haha)

5. Jun 4, 2003 #4
    thank you very much boulderhead, i feel better now!

6. Jun 11, 2003 #5
    PM add to your post count??? How does that work, they aren't posts.

Strange I've been here for ages and didn't know that.

7. Jun 11, 2003 #6
    Pauly Man, PM messages do not increase post count. BH just made the joke that he sent max a PM and posted here at the same time. Meaning his reply was so easy that he increased his post count by PMing max and being able to post a simple message here.

8. Jun 14, 2003 #7
    good news everybody! three or so weeks later, and my PF status is NORMAL. (in big ugly yellow letters).

9. Jun 18, 2003 #8
    eek! now it says CRITICAL in big flashing letters. (nice touch greg)

oh, and i'll never post in this thread again. delete it or lock it or do whatever it is you do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?