Current produced by rev of electron

In summary: Oh then i just have to use the number of revolutions per second.It should be, unless it wants current density or something I'm not noticing.
kanki
I'm having a bit difficulty in understanding this question...
In a Hydrogen aton, an electron goes round the proton at a rate of 7 x 10^5 rev/s in a circular orbit of radius 5.0 x 10^-11
What is the current produced by the revolution of electron?

Well, the formula for current is Q/t and Ne/t. I don't know how to convert the angular velocity to current. Please help!

Physics news on Phys.org
kanki said:
I'm having a bit difficulty in understanding this question...
In a Hydrogen aton, an electron goes round the proton at a rate of 7 x 10^5 rev/s in a circular orbit of radius 5.0 x 10^-11
What is the current produced by the revolution of electron?

Well, the formula for current is Q/t and Ne/t. I don't know how to convert the angular velocity to current. Please help!

1. If you look at a point along the electron's "orbit", how many times does the electron passes through that point in a second?

2. If an electron has a charge e, from your answer to (1), how much charge has passed through that point per second?

3. Oh wait, what you now have is... look at that! You have "amount of charge passing through per second"! This is current!

Zz.

Oh then i just have to use the number of revolutions per second.
The electron passes through the point 7 x 10^5 times in a second, so the amount of charge, Q is equal to 7 x 10^5 times the charge e in a second?
And that's the answer?

kanki said:
Oh then i just have to use the number of revolutions per second.
The electron passes through the point 7 x 10^5 times in a second, so the amount of charge, Q is equal to 7 x 10^5 times the charge e in a second?
And that's the answer?

It should be, unless it wants current density or something I'm not noticing.

Zz.

1. What is current produced by rev of electron?

The current produced by the revolution of an electron refers to the flow of electric charge in a particular direction due to the movement of electrons in an electric circuit.

2. What causes current to be produced by rev of electron?

The movement of electrons in an electric circuit is caused by a potential difference, also known as voltage. This potential difference creates an electric field which causes the electrons to move and produce current.

3. How is the current produced by rev of electron measured?

The current produced by rev of electron is measured in units of amperes (A). This unit represents the amount of electric charge passing through a point in an electric circuit per unit time.

4. What is the relationship between current and the speed of electron revolution?

The speed of electron revolution does not affect the amount of current produced. However, the number of electrons moving and the time taken for them to complete one revolution can impact the overall current in a circuit.

5. How does the direction of electron revolution affect the current produced?

The direction of electron revolution does not affect the current produced, as long as there is a complete circuit for the electrons to flow through. In a closed circuit, the direction of current is determined by the direction of the electric field and the flow of positive charge.