1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Currents and magnetic fields

1. Aug 17, 2007 #1
    I just have some questions about this stuff...

How can the nature of a material determine if it can be made into a magnet?

Whats the field around a straight conducter look like?

Whats the direction of the magnetic field of a soleniod?

Whats the action of a relay?

How are the principles of magnetism related to the development of the telephone?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 17, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can't just post questions verbatim in the homework thread - we are here to help and explain not just to copy out answers.
    Especially when you were told about this yesterday and have simply reposted the same questions as a new thread.
    Irrespective of the official sanctions about this, people will simply start ignoring any threads by you.

I suggest you look at wikipedia first then come back and ask about any specific points you don't understand.
  4. Aug 17, 2007 #3
    Whoa calm it down, seroiusly wat is your problem? im asking the question becuase i do not understand the answers? and i thought the thing from yesterday was telling me that my questions didnt make sense and i had to reword them, like you can either help or not but dont run me down on what i feel i need help on. thanks.!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?