Job Offer at Mine Poses Challenges for Aquarius Man

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker being introduced to someone who can get them a job at a mine and then sleeping with that person. The speaker is now being pressured to go to Reno for the weekend and is unsure about the situation, especially since the person keeps talking and wants to do a tarot card reading. The speaker is also an Aquarius, which apparently is a good sign, but is not interested in the person's constant chatter. They are worried about the possible outcomes of this situation, including potential marriage. The conversation also includes joking comments about the speaker's decision to sleep with this person and how it may affect their reputation in a small town.
tribdog
I was just introduced to someone who can get me a job at one of the mines. Of course I slept with her. Now she wants to take me to Reno for the weekend.
I really want the job she says she can get me but she is one of those women who won't shut up and she wants to do a tarot card reading on me and introduce me to her friends. Ugh. Apparently my being Aquarius is a good sign. Double Ugh. She also let me know that not even death can get in the way of true love. UUUGGGGGHHHHHH!

Physics news on Phys.org
Being Aquarius is a good sign of what?

Maybe she can align your chakras while she does the Tarot thingy.

Is it poor taste to tell her she is moving too fast for me after I sleep with her?

tribdog said:
Is it poor taste to tell her she is moving too fast for me after I sleep with her?

Haha, you I think so.

that's the problem with sleeping with someone before you get to know them. I've known this lady less than 3 days and I'll bet I could get her to marry me in Reno this weekend if I wanted to. Its in the cards. UGH

tribdog said:
I was just introduced to someone who can get me a job at one of the mines. Of course I slept with her. Now she wants to take me to Reno for the weekend.
I really want the job she says she can get me but she is one of those women who won't shut up and she wants to do a tarot card reading on me and introduce me to her friends. Ugh. Apparently my being Aquarius is a good sign. Double Ugh. She also let me know that not even death can get in the way of true love. UUUGGGGGHHHHHH!

Perhaps a better title for this thread would be, "Curse my drunken lack of judgment" or "Oops, I did it again: The Morning After Story"

junglebeast said:
Perhaps a better title for this thread would be, "Curse my drunken lack of judgment" or "Oops, I did it again: The Morning After Story"

How did you know I was drunk?

tribdog said:
How did you know I was drunk?

Because you slept with a clingy astrologer in order to get a job working in a coal mine.

GOLD mine. get it right

So you get to sleep with the pretty girl, and maybe get a job out of it you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Doesn't sound like you have anything to lose.

If she's not pretty, you can get the job another way.
If she's pretty but you don't get the job, you had a nice time.

you think I'd be complaining if she was pretty? I'm a shallow scum bag.

When my buddy's kids heard I was going to a motel room with this lady they really started giving me a hard time. They just had a "sex ed" class. As I was pulling away in my car one of them yelled "Remember safe sex...belly dump." I'm pretty sure he didn't learn that in sex ed.

That crazy b!tch is a gold digger. HIYOOOO. No wait, that's you. Double HIYOOOOO.

Tribs a gold digga, becuase she don't want a broke *****. When tribs in neeed. (I don't expect you people to get that reference).

Cyrus said:
Tribs a gold digga, becuase she don't want a broke *****. When tribs in neeed. (I don't expect you people to get that reference).

I get it, you're pathetic.

This threads pathetic.

Pengwuino said:
I get it, you're pathetic.

This threads pathetic.

http://www.motifake.com/demotivational-poster/0802/you-movies-star-wars-darth-vader-demotivational-poster-1203885695.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell her you want a little less this *open and close hand* and a little more this *double fists and pelvic thrusts*. -repeat-

drankin said:
Tell her you want a little less this *open and close hand* and a little more this *double fists and pelvic thrusts*. -repeat-

Does the double fist pelvic thrust signify the gold mining job?

drankin said:
Talk's cheap. Don't tell her, show her.

And keep saying "What?? I can't hear you. Whaaat?? Why does your voice sound like that??"

Pengwuino said:
Does the double fist pelvic thrust signify the gold mining job?

YEP! Keep on working it till you see the money. :rofl:

Just out of curiosity, what specifically, is the job you're trying to get by sleeping with this girl? Did you literally mean a job at a gold mine, or is that some sort of analogy term for another job? I'm just trying to find the connection to this thread and physics.

tribdog said:
You know you can't do that sort of thing now that you live in a small town!
Everyone is going to know now that you hooked up with the crazy tarot chick! I wonder how many of her friends she has told she is going to marry you already. :-/
Bad Dog!

Cyrus said:
That crazy b!tch is a gold digger. HIYOOOO. No wait, that's you. Double HIYOOOOO.

Now are you going to tell Tridawg that he's a trifflin friend indeed?

Illuminitwit said:
Just out of curiosity, what specifically, is the job you're trying to get by sleeping with this girl? Did you literally mean a job at a gold mine, or is that some sort of analogy term for another job? I'm just trying to find the connection to this thread and physics.

This thread has nothing to do with physics. He works at a gold mine.

Illuminitwit said:

This is the General Discussion forum...welcome to the Lounge! The thread topics here cover a wide range of ideas, including current events. life stories, random thoughts...and lots of other things that are not necessarily physics or science related.

It's a place where you can discuss 'whatever' with fellow PFers.

tribdog said:

you've made your bed, and now you've got to keep lying

Proton Soup said:
you've made your bed, and now you've got to keep
lying
ahahhah enjoy!

1. What is the "Job Offer at Mine Poses Challenges for Aquarius Man" article about?

The article is about a fictional Aquarius man who receives a job offer at a mine and the challenges he faces while trying to balance his personal values with the demands of the job.

2. How does the Aquarius man's zodiac sign play a role in the article?

The article uses the traits commonly associated with the Aquarius zodiac sign, such as being independent and humanitarian, to highlight the internal conflict the man faces in accepting the job offer.

3. What are the main challenges the Aquarius man faces in the article?

The main challenges the man faces include conflicting values between his personal beliefs and the demands of the job, pressure from his family and friends to take the job, and the potential harm to the environment caused by the mining industry.

4. How does the article address the ethical dilemma of the Aquarius man's job offer?

The article explores the internal struggle of the Aquarius man and his attempts to find a balance between his values and the practicality of the job offer. It also highlights the importance of considering the impact of our actions on the environment and society.

5. Is there a resolution to the Aquarius man's dilemma in the article?

The article does not provide a clear resolution to the Aquarius man's dilemma, but it encourages readers to think critically about their own values and the potential consequences of their career choices.