Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Curve fitting software

1. Aug 7, 2014 #1
    Is there a software(preferably free) that can fit data into a 4 parameter equation?

like the generalised logistic function

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2014 #2
    TableCurve is great for the type of fitting you need, but it's not free... This is a good site where one can select operating system, rating etc. and look for curve fitting packages that are either free or shareware. There is a wide selection, so I am confident you will in high likelihood find what you need for free;

http://download.cnet.com/

4. Aug 8, 2014 #3
  5. Aug 9, 2014 #4
    free? you can do it in python using the scipy module (scipy.optimize)...google "scipy curve fit", you should even find examples.

6. Apr 4, 2016 #5
    Good source of information will span over many many years. Recently, I wanted to obtain a curve fitting equation from the given graph image / published graph. I felt so powerless to do so. This CurveFit Tracer may be helpful to some of you.

7. Apr 25, 2016 #6
    Me thinks that maybe 'CurveFit Tracer' could be used to turn vacuum tube operating curves into useable mathematical equations! Has anybody tried this?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted