Curve fitting

• I
  • Thread starter sounouhid
  • Start date
Hello everyone
help please
I need to fit experimental data with a theoretical model using the matlab software what is the best way to do it?
thx for advance

Answers and Replies

Why not try plotting the experimental data vs the theoretical data to see where they differ?

thank you
but i don't have the the theoretical data .i just have the model ,I'm looking for the fit parameters

Can't you run the model with input parameters matching the ones recorded when you did the experiment and then plot the relevant model output?

yes i did it using the least squares curve fit ,but the fit parameters are not constant they are function of the input.

@ sounouhid : One cannot answer to your question without a clear description of your problem. What kind of "theoretical model" are you talking about ? What kind of data ? And more details on the context of the problem are essential. The fitting methods are numerous and depends on the context. A whole book should not large enough to answer if the problem is not restricted. For example, some procedures of fitting to several models are available in : https://fr.scribd.com/doc/14674814/Regressions-et-equations-integrales .(paper in French with some parts in English. All procedures are understandable in English)

Likes sounouhid