Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Curveball Was Taxi Driver

1. Dec 16, 2007 #1
    It was about a month ago that I read this in the newspaper. If it is a repeat please delete.

It turns out that the infamous Iraqi, code name Curveball ,was not what he appeared to be. He was not a scientist . I am short on time so here is the information from an article by george Will.

emphasis mine.

This is so totally bizarre, a war started by a taxi driver.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 17, 2007 #2
    some of the stuff in the article is quite extreme. people in the intelligence business taking information from some random guy with no verification about even his identity is ridiculous. the level of incompetence involved with using intelligence like that to start a war is truly extraordinary. i know mentally handy caped people who have a higher degree of professionalism then that, and its insulting to the handy caped people to even make that comparison.

there has to be a lot more to the story then that.
  4. Dec 17, 2007 #3
    It is pretty simple, he told them what they wanted to hear. So did Chalabi
  5. Dec 18, 2007 #4
    it sounds like that was the case, unfortunately. an intelligence organization that tells policy makers what they want to hear is about as useful as a justice department that convicts people just because they are on trial.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?