Custom Periodic Table Arrangement: Unlocking the Secrets of Element Organization

In summary, the conversation is about rearranging the elements on the Periodic Table for a group project. The original poster is asking for a link to a page with a better arrangement or an example of a custom arrangement. However, another person points out that the current arrangement has scientific reasons and suggests the OP come up with their own classification based on factors like state and density.
DaMadScientist
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could post a link to a page for a better arrangement of elements on the Periodic Table or if not, could give me an example of what a custom arrangement should look like ? Thank you in advance

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Originally posted by DaMadScientist
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could post a link to a page for a better arrangement of elements on the Periodic Table or if not, could give me an example of what a custom arrangement should look like ? Thank you in advance

You know, they're arranged the way they are for very good reasons and it has nothing to do with personal taste.

A mad scientist indeed :wink:

Yes i know, but i need a diffrent arrangement of them for a group project in school.

In that case posting a link wouldn't really be fair, would it? You could just try and make up your own classifications, separate metals from non-metals, maybe on state, density, what you think would be important.

1. What is a custom periodic table?

A custom periodic table is a version of the traditional periodic table that has been modified or personalized in some way. This could include adding new elements, changing the layout, or including additional information or features.

2. Why would someone create a custom periodic table?

There are many reasons why someone might create a custom periodic table. Some possible reasons include: to highlight specific elements or properties, to make the table easier to understand or memorize, or to incorporate new or hypothetical elements.

3. How accurate is a custom periodic table?

The accuracy of a custom periodic table depends on the creator and the modifications made. In general, the basic information and structure of the periodic table should remain accurate, but any added elements or changes may not be scientifically proven or accepted.

4. Can I create my own custom periodic table?

Yes, anyone can create their own custom periodic table. It can be a fun and educational way to explore the elements and their properties, and there are many resources available for creating your own custom table.

5. Are there any famous examples of custom periodic tables?

Yes, there are several famous examples of custom periodic tables. For example, the "Periodic Table of Fictional Elements" includes elements from popular books, movies, and TV shows, while the "Periodic Table of Desserts" replaces elements with different types of desserts. These tables are meant to be fun and creative interpretations of the traditional periodic table.