S. I hope you can open the linkSolving the Pentagram Star Puzzle

In summary, the conversation discusses a graphical problem involving cutting a pentagram star into 10 triangles using two straight lines. The condition is that each area can only be used once. It is clarified that the lines can be used in any way and do not have to cut through the entire figure. The conversation then goes on to discuss a possible solution to the problem.
Phantomas
Here is a grafical problem.

You have to use two straight lines to cut up the pentagram star and you have to get 10 triangles.

The triangles must not be counted twice. Or to put it another way, the same area can only be used once.

http://poseidon.siol.net/samurai/racunalnistvo/media/star.gif[/URL] [/PLAIN]

P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
can i use the straight line any way i want to, does it have to cut across the whole figure?

Yes any way you want. And no it doesn't have to cut all the way through. Actualy you can make new triangle/s outside the star if you like.

Phantomas said:
Yes any way you want. And no it doesn't have to cut all the way through. Actualy you can make new triangle/s outside the star if you like.

It seems really very trivial, am I missing something?

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1890

@gerben your attachment doesn't work for me.

Phantomas said:
@gerben your attachment doesn't work for me.

oh well, that is strange it does work for me, but anyway it is good that it does not work because i was wrong, what i was missing was probably my brain...
it is in fact rather difficult it seems even impossible to me now, do you know that there is a solution?

yes, there is a solution :smile:

[Edit]

I can see it now :smile:

Seems you did it. Congrats!

P.

Last edited:

1. What is the Pentagram Star Puzzle?

The Pentagram Star Puzzle is a brain teaser consisting of five intersecting lines that form a five-pointed star. The objective is to rearrange the lines in a way that the star can be formed without any overlapping or gaps.

2. How do you solve the Pentagram Star Puzzle?

To solve the Pentagram Star Puzzle, you need to follow a systematic approach. Start by identifying the line that forms the base of the star and then work your way towards the top. It is also useful to keep track of the lines that have already been placed and which ones are left to be placed.

3. What is the difficulty level of the Pentagram Star Puzzle?

The difficulty level of the Pentagram Star Puzzle varies depending on the individual's problem-solving skills. Some people may find it challenging, while others may find it easier. It also depends on the specific version of the puzzle, as there are different variations with varying levels of complexity.

4. Are there any strategies for solving the Pentagram Star Puzzle?

Yes, there are several strategies that can be used to solve the Pentagram Star Puzzle. One common approach is to start with the outer lines and then work towards the center. Another strategy is to focus on one section of the star at a time, rather than trying to solve the entire puzzle at once.

5. Are there any benefits to solving the Pentagram Star Puzzle?

Yes, solving puzzles in general have been shown to have cognitive benefits, such as improving problem-solving skills, enhancing memory and concentration, and reducing stress. The Pentagram Star Puzzle, in particular, can also help improve spatial reasoning and visual perception skills.