Cutting magnets

Hello,
could someone explain to me, how I should cut a FeBa magnet, if it has one pole facing upward and the other downward so that the bloch wall would be across the entire length of the magnet. The dimensions of the magnet at hand are 152 x 102 x 52 mm. The bloch wall runs across the entire length of the sides (152 length, 52 height) and the side with a length of 102 mm and height of 52 mm, just to make it as clear as possible. Just don`t want to cut them the wrong way, that`s all.
Thanks to anyone in advance.

Answers and Replies

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
bloch wall would be across the entire length of the magnet
I don't understand this ???

please show a photo of what you are talking about

@davenn, have you tried looking up Bloch walls? It's the rather common term for the walls between magnetic domains.

@Sveral, are you entirely certain that the Bloch wall is that continuous? From my experiments in my EE studies back in the day, magnetic domains were pretty haphazard and all over the place.

@Sveral, are you entirely certain that the Bloch wall is that continuous? From my experiments in my EE studies back in the day, magnetic domains were pretty haphazard and all over the place.
About the domains I agree, yes, they disorientated under normal conditions. But this was about the bloch wall and cutting magnets, but I will get through it, don`t worry.

Last edited by a moderator: