Cutting a FeBa Magnet for a Bloch Wall

In summary, someone needs to show me a diagram of what they are talking about, and then tell me what a bloch wall is.
Sveral
Hello,
could someone explain to me, how I should cut a FeBa magnet, if it has one pole facing upward and the other downward so that the bloch wall would be across the entire length of the magnet. The dimensions of the magnet at hand are 152 x 102 x 52 mm. The bloch wall runs across the entire length of the sides (152 length, 52 height) and the side with a length of 102 mm and height of 52 mm, just to make it as clear as possible. Just don`t want to cut them the wrong way, that`s all.
Thanks to anyone in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sveral said:
bloch wall would be across the entire length of the magnet

I don't understand this ?please show a photo of what you are talking about

@davenn, have you tried looking up Bloch walls? It's the rather common term for the walls between magnetic domains.

@Sveral, are you entirely certain that the Bloch wall is that continuous? From my experiments in my EE studies back in the day, magnetic domains were pretty haphazard and all over the place.

@Sveral, are you entirely certain that the Bloch wall is that continuous? From my experiments in my EE studies back in the day, magnetic domains were pretty haphazard and all over the place.
About the domains I agree, yes, they disorientated under normal conditions. But this was about the bloch wall and cutting magnets, but I will get through it, don`t worry.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a FeBa magnet?

A FeBa (Iron-Boron) magnet is a type of permanent magnet made up of iron and boron particles. It is known for its high coercivity and magnetic energy, making it useful in various industrial and scientific applications.

What is a Bloch wall?

A Bloch wall is a type of magnetic domain wall that occurs in a ferromagnetic material. It is a region where the magnetization direction changes gradually from one direction to another, resulting in a transition between two magnetic domains.

Why would someone want to cut a FeBa magnet for a Bloch wall?

In scientific experiments, researchers may want to study the properties and behavior of Bloch walls in FeBa magnets. Cutting the magnet allows them to control the size and shape of the Bloch wall, making it easier to analyze and manipulate.

What is the process of cutting a FeBa magnet for a Bloch wall?

The process involves using a diamond saw or laser to make a precise cut on the magnet. The cutting must be done in a controlled environment to avoid damaging the magnet or creating unwanted magnetic fields that could affect the Bloch wall. The resulting cut must also be polished to ensure a smooth surface.

Are there any risks involved in cutting a FeBa magnet for a Bloch wall?

Yes, there are some risks involved, such as potential damage to the magnet or the creation of unwanted magnetic fields. It is essential to follow proper safety protocols, such as wearing protective gear and working in a controlled environment, to minimize these risks.