1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Admissions CV Help: Community Service

1. Nov 15, 2016 #1
    I have some community service experience but not very long in duration and is not related to my graduate direction (eg. I was tutoring Chinese for a semester). Should I still include it?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2016 #2
    In my opinion, yes, though I wouldn't give it a higher rank than including it in an "activities" list near the bottom or something. There are some posters here who have been on admissions committees, so maybe they can help you more.

4. Nov 15, 2016 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

This depends on how you believe your resume or CV relates to any job for which you apply. Would you list that activity on the CV if you are sending your CV to be an engineer or accountant for a company who manufactures products using materials imported from China?

5. Nov 16, 2016 #4
    That makes sense. These service experiences don't really relate to the graduate programs I am studying. I will just move them to the last section as Dishsoap suggested.
    Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted