Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Python CV libraries with SIFT or equivalent that's NOT OpenCV

1. Aug 5, 2017 #1
    Hey all.

twice now ive coded sift from scratch, but mine never gives as good results, and the one part i used a library for (convolution for DoG) didn't give same results given same params as example image tests online.

I need this one small part for a much, much, larger project, and I want a neasy fix for this. What libraries don't use openCV but can also perform feauture point detection and matching. Any help appreciated. I am new to python, so I would prefer not to mess with compiling the libraries with cmake or any other 3rd party software.
    I use notepad ++ and the default interpreter for python 3.6 on windows 10.

Any help appreciated, i have spent days googling, and even tried many diffrent languages. I'm not asking for lack of effort, every google suggestion seems to have a "gotcha" that requires backdated versions of libs or compiling binaries or only works on linux.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted