Teacher-Created Science Site for High School Girls[/URL]

• Thread starter Cyberphysics
  • Start date
In summary, the author of this website has created a website specifically for UK high school students. The website is easy to navigate and has a variety of topics covered.
Cyberphysics
Hi,

I am a teacher at a High School for Girls in the UK. I only discovered this board today and haven't had a chance to really browse all of the threads yet... but I am sooooo impressed. I have been trying to get something like this off the ground in the UK for local teachers to share, but no luck as of yet...

Here is the link to my site - it is aimed at Y7 to Y13 in the UK (age 11 to 18). I'd appreciate feedback on my Ikonboard if you notice any glitches.

http://www.cyberphysics.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.html

Cyberphysics (a UK site)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This post probably doesn't belong here, but a quick pointer...

Change the fonts you use: They are a little hard to read.

Thanks for the comment - the general text font is Arial - I find that easier to read than others... but I know others differ in opinion

I have realized this link it shouldn't be in this thread - will the moderator move/obliterate it please? I will e-mail the site addy for consideration to be added to your listings

I didn't quite mean that - in general, the fonts are ok, but I am more concerned about the fonts in the headings for each topic, and the general layout a bit...

Maybe just me, but I have a vehement hatred of caligraphic typefaces...

That's okay - you must be male - we females like the adornment - but I know it can't be used in the main part - that's why it's only used in main menu!:wink:

Short visit, nice info, but I too found the presentation somewhat difficult to discern/read, the color & word combinations (backgrounds) are somewhat difficult to read, but only on certain pages.

Try reading it when frunk!

D'OH! EDIT WITH DRUNK.

1. What is the purpose of the Teacher-Created Science Site for High School Girls?

The purpose of this site is to provide a platform for high school girls to explore various science topics in a fun and engaging way. It aims to encourage girls to pursue their interests in science and provide resources for them to do so.

2. Who can access the Teacher-Created Science Site for High School Girls?

This site is specifically designed for high school girls, but anyone with an interest in science can access and benefit from the resources and information provided.

3. What type of science topics are covered on the Teacher-Created Science Site for High School Girls?

The site covers a wide range of science topics including biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, and more. It also includes information on STEM careers and opportunities for girls interested in pursuing a career in science.

4. Are the resources on the Teacher-Created Science Site for High School Girls reliable?

Yes, all the resources on this site have been carefully curated and created by experienced teachers. They are accurate and up-to-date, ensuring that students can rely on the information provided.

5. How can I get involved with the Teacher-Created Science Site for High School Girls?

There are multiple ways to get involved with this site. You can explore the resources and information provided, share the site with others, and even contribute your own science-related content or ideas. You can also follow the site on social media for updates and join the community of high school girls interested in science.