1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cylinder volume problem

1. Oct 23, 2011 #1
    Cylinder volume problem Please Help!

Basically I've been attempting this question for at least 3 days now and it's driving me insane. The question goes like this - Consider the volume V inside a cylinder x^2 + y^2 = 4R^2 between z=(3x^2 + 2y^2)/R and the xy plane, xyz are cartesian and R is constant - Write down a triple integral using cylindrical co-ordinates for the volume V giving 3 upper and 3 lower limits

I first started by stating that r = 4R^2 The first limit (LHS to RHS) should surely be 0 to 2π the second should be from the origin to the radius i.e. 0 to 4R^2 and the third limit should be 0 to Z but I'm having a nightmare solving it or finding the right limits, any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm losing serious patience :( TIA.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2011 #2
    Re: Cylinder volume problem Please Help!

What does your triple integral look like?

And by the way, the radius is r is from the origin 0 to R ( not 0 to 4R^2)

4. Oct 25, 2011 #3
    Re: Cylinder volume problem Please Help!

Gee. No response. Radius of circle is 2R.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook