1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cylindrical cavity resonator problem

1. Mar 15, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Q. A cylindrical cavity resonator has diameter of 24 mm and length 20 mm. The dominant mode and the lowest frequency band are operated as ? I am providing a picture of problem to show the options given to me.

I solved the problem by calculating resonant frequency for cavity resonator and my answer is coming to be (a).

But on considering the condition " TM110 mode is dominant where 2a > d , and that the TE111 mode is dominant when d > 2a. My answer is coming to be (d).
    Then which one should I consider of two options.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    I am providing pictures of my work below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Mar 24, 2015 #3
    This is everything I have and its a question from past year question papers, I really wanted to know the reason behind.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted