Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Czech Republic vs Ghana

1. Jun 17, 2006 #1
    Early goal by ghana!! I still see 3-1 to the Czechs

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2006 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Still 0-1 after a half of play. Interesting...

4. Jun 17, 2006 #3
    Ghana 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!! The CR defence looks absolutely terrible

5. Jun 17, 2006 #4
    They were chasing the game. Essien also ran the game well. The czechs are always unlucky.

6. Jun 17, 2006 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Great game by Ghana. After the Czech red card, they looked like they were playing with 8 players - absolutely impotent, save for the one header late in the game. And Ghana squandered a few easy chances towards the end; the score could as well have been 4-0. But the set-up to the second Ghana goal was just brilliant. Good show by Ghana. Group E is still alive.

7. Jun 17, 2006 #6
    Oh boy....... I bet 1:0 for Portugal and it was 2:0, I bet 1:0 for Ghana, it was 2:0, I bet 2:0 for U.S and it will probably be 1:0 ;p

8. Jun 17, 2006 #7

DM

Man... start thinking that one over. I'd change the "for" to "against" US.

Nonetheless you're brave in supporting US.

9. Jun 17, 2006 #8

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't lose heart, heartless. :wink: You were the only one to correctly guess the outcome of this game. About two-thirds of us had the score right, with the polarity (for want of a better word) wrong. The wrongest prediction was BobG's - one of his least patriotic predictions, methinks!

I think he should score negative points on that one! :biggrin:

10. Jun 17, 2006 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Eh, I guess it shouldn't have come as that big a surprise. Czech Republic still looked like the team ranked second in the world by FIFA - but who knew Ghana was the best team in the world? :rofl:

I think that first goal eliminated any intimidation of the World Cup atmosphere. They looked great! (Well, except for the PK - getting a yellow and hitting the post on the same PK makes for a pretty special memory to tell the grandkids about.)

11. Jun 18, 2006 #10
    This was one of the most surprising matches. I just couldn't tear myself away for a single second when I was watching this match. Ghana did an excellent job in all respects- defence, passing, goalkeeping and all. Kingston did a brilliance job of goal-keeping for Ghana. In the second half, the Czechs were literally at the mercy of Ghana's agression. In one word- Superb!

12. Jun 18, 2006 #11

HMS

The match was a real treat to football fans. Cech's goalkeeping was brilliant. But for that, the scoreline could have looked worse for Czech Republic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?