Exploring D0 → K+ K- Decay for School Project

In summary, the speaker is working on a school project about the decay D0 → K+ K−. They have looked for similar subjects and essays but have not found any specific information on this decay. They are able to write the form factors and effective Hamiltonian, but are having trouble with the equations for LCDA and amplitude due to the final mesons being semi-scalar and not vector. They are seeking advice and sources for this topic and mention that LHCb has published experimental papers on this decay and suggest looking for references in the introduction section.
ballestic2001
Hi, I am working on D 0 →K+ K− for my school project. I looked for any similar subjects and essays, i could not find this specific decay, i could write the form factors and also effective hamiltonian by myself but unfortunately i have problem writing the equations for LCDA ( light cone distribution amplitude) ( not sure about what i write)and so amplitude equations because my final mesons are semi-scalar and not vector. would you please advise me if you have any sources or if you can help me in this regard? I know i have two diagrams for this decay, one tree and one penguin diagram so i should have 6 Wilson coefficient. But i do not know how to use them to write the final amplitude equation and not sure if i am doing correct.

Any sources and help regarding this decay will be so helpful for me.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
LHCb published several experimental papers about this decay (and D0 -> pi pi, delta A_CP is another good keyword to look for), their introduction sections should have appropriate theory references.

Likes ballestic2001

1. What is D0 → K+ K- decay?

D0 → K+ K- decay is a type of particle decay in which a D0 particle, a type of meson, decays into a positive kaon (K+) and a negative kaon (K-).

2. Why is exploring D0 → K+ K- decay important for a school project?

Exploring D0 → K+ K- decay can provide insight into the fundamental properties of particles and their interactions. It also allows for hands-on experience with data analysis and theoretical concepts, making it a valuable learning experience for students.

3. How is D0 → K+ K- decay studied?

D0 → K+ K- decay is studied through particle colliders, such as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), that accelerate particles to high energies and collide them together. The resulting data is then analyzed to observe the decay process and extract information about the particles involved.

4. What are some potential applications of studying D0 → K+ K- decay?

Studying D0 → K+ K- decay can have applications in fields such as particle physics, cosmology, and medical imaging. It can also contribute to our understanding of the Standard Model of particle physics and potentially lead to the discovery of new particles or interactions.

5. Are there any safety concerns when studying D0 → K+ K- decay for a school project?

No, there are no safety concerns when studying D0 → K+ K- decay for a school project. Particle colliders are heavily regulated and have safety protocols in place to protect both researchers and the environment. However, it is important to follow all safety guidelines and procedures provided by the school or research institution.