D-D reaction cross-section

• Thread starter oksuz_
  • Start date
Hi,

I have been searching d-d reaction cross-section at higher energies up to 10 MeV. I checked ENDF database, however, I could not find any data. Do anyone offer a source from which I can get d-d cross-section data?

thanks in advance.

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Hi,

I have been searching d-d reaction cross-section at higher energies up to 10 MeV. I checked ENDF database, however, I could not find any data. Do anyone offer a source from which I can get d-d cross-section data?

thanks in advance.
I believe it has been published, e.g., Thomas J Dolan's text, Fusion Research, Volume I: Principles

Professor Ragheb has a plot and some data in the following (see Figure 2):
http://mragheb.com/NPRE 402 ME 405 Nuclear Power Engineering/Fusion Concepts.pdf

However, for commercial power purposes, it would not make sense to 'heat' deuterons to 10 MeV when the yield is 4.03 MeV for the T,p production, or less, 3.27 MeV for He-3,n production.

Thank you for the source. I am not going to use this data for power related purpose, rather I am going to need it for neutron yield calculation. By the way, you mentioned the yield. Did you mean the net energy yield?

I just realized I posted the wrong data set (must have been spending too much time on their site that day), this is what you are looking for if interested in the D+D->t+p cross section:

E4R6649_e4.gif

and this one for the D+D->He3+n cross sections:

E4R6649_e4.gif

Try the site out for yourself, it is very useful and full of information when it is working properly.

Attachments

Last edited: