1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

D Latch Flip Flop Circuit

1. Mar 14, 2014 #1
    I need help! I'm really close to figuring out this Control Relay circuit but I'm running out of time.

Circuit Description: Plug in the circuit and the light turns on. Press the momentary button and the
    light goes off. Press the momentary button again, and the light turns back on after one second.
    Press the button again and the light goes back off. Repeat...

I've been reading on the D latch and Flip Flop logic a bunch, but I can't figure out how to apply it to
    using relays! I know I'm missing something little can somebody help me PLEASE! If somebody could
    draw a quick ladder diagram and upload a picture it would save lives. My co-workers and I are
    stuck and out of time.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2014 #2

psparky

Gold Member

Doesn't a relay just fire a contactor? (takes a normally open switch and closes it). If the relay gets a signal of "1" from the flip flop, it shoud close the contactor and turn on light.

When relay gets a "0" from flip flop it should open contactor and turn light off.

As far as the "quick" ladder diagram.....that's up to you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted