1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Daily schedule?

Tags:
  1. Jan 6, 2016 #1
    What is your daily schedule like? How many hours you spend on lectures, and how many hours you spend doing homework? How much do you study during weekends? Do you have "summer-break" like in high school, if so how long? Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2016 #2
    For what reasons are you asking?

Are you asking for a specific major or just for the general college student? Also for what regions, as in inside or outside of the U.S.?

4. Jan 6, 2016 #3
    All of the above. Just say what specific major you're doing, and from which country you're from. This is sort of survey, so that other people who might be considering joining a university could see the information dealing with actual, every-day regime. Thank you.

5. Jan 6, 2016 #4
    I'm currently majoring in both computer science and physics, minoring in chemistry (though I'm having trouble fitting a few classes into my schedule). Currently looking at approximately 9 lecture hours, the rest are lab credits (totaling 12 credit hours, so a light schedule this semester). Yes we get holiday breaks, the times vary from a day, a few days, a few weeks, and a month or greater.

You can read about my study/homework schedule here: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/studying-too-much-or-too-little.850411/#post-5333206

6. Jan 6, 2016 #5
    Thank you. Lets wait for others to join and add. One request tho, if you people are going to post something here, maybe you could avoid using term "credits" since many people who might be considering joining a university might not know what credits are and thus be confused. Just say how many hours per day you study. Thank you.

7. Jan 7, 2016 #6
    Double majoring in physics and math. I'm currently doing 20 units this quarter, being at school roughly from 10 to 5 each day. I'm taking 2 physics classes (em, astrophysics) , 2 math classes (diff geometry, pdes), phys lab, and research. I pretty much am studying (whether for my classes or separate independent study/research) most of the time when I get home, other than the occasional breaks. Weekends are usually a bit lighter although I spend a good amount of time on reading and homework (5+ hrs on sat/sun)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook