1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Damn analytical mechanics (2)

1. Apr 2, 2005 #1
    Hi guyz, I taked the picture attached with my mobile directly from the book, please help me to find the weights of A,B (not masses), and the friction coefficient (f) for A on the Horizontel plane, and note, the rope isn't able to change lenght, System is static, A,B are equal, weight of K is Q

NOTE : I NEED TO FIND THE SOLUTION OF THIS SYSTEM USING THE ANALYTICAL MECHANICS AND LAGRANGES EQUATION (NOT THE NEWTONIAN VECTOR MECHANICS)

The Answer is:
    [tex]P_A = P_B = \frac{Q}{2}[/tex]
    [tex]f=1[/tex]

Lagranges equation:

[tex]\frac{d}{dt} \frac{\partial L}{\partial \dot{q}} - \frac{\partial L}{\partial q} = 0[/tex]

[tex]L = T - u[/tex]

L is the langrangian, T is kinetic energy, u is potential energy, q is generalized coordinate,

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2005 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

First, how many degrees of freedom are there?
    Second, what generalized variables would you like to define?

4. Apr 2, 2005 #3
    Only what i have written, i don't know how many freedom degrees, the question has only the information A = B, K weight is Q, and that diagram,

I'M NERVOUS OF THAT PROFRSSOR, HE MADE THAT BOOK STUPIDLY, IF YOU SAW IT YOU WILL KILL HIM, NOTHING IS CLEAR !!!

5. Apr 2, 2005 #4
    Well????? No one answered!!! Should we say I have fools book??????

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?