Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Damn, ya'll are good. Next question

1. Jun 28, 2003 #1
    I'm tired of stealing music, now I'm stealing books. No more mp3s for me, now it's ebooks.
    Which program reads .lit files?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2003 #2
  4. Jun 30, 2003 #3

megashawn

Science Advisor

come on now, its not stealing music. Its collecting it so that you can freely spread it to others less fortunate so that they can hear it too.

Least, thats my excuse.

5. Jun 30, 2003 #4
    No matter weather someone believe it's right or wrong - downloading music IS ABSOLUTELY NOT STEALING.

It is copyright infringement. Simple as that. It is not theft at all.

6. Jun 30, 2003 #5
    I feel bad when I download music because it means I deny the artist another ivory back scratcher...

7. Jul 1, 2003 #6

megashawn

Science Advisor

and it isn't really the artist, but more so the record label, who is getting another ivory back scratcher.

If the money went directly to the artist I would not mind. Believe it or not, not every band that has a few albums out is millionaires. In a way, downloading music is like protesting againsts the people who have corrupted the music world, and turned it into an industry.

I mean, go check out a local band, and aside from expenses, they are not after your money. Alot of times, there out having a good time, and not concerned with being multibillionaires.

But, seems like all those people stay local bands.

8. Jul 5, 2003 #7
    Yes who cant afford a cd or casset player but have a highspeed internet access and a computer most likcly with a cd burner

9. Jul 7, 2003 #8
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?