1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Damned in any language

1. Sep 10, 2011 #1
    I am a boy from nepal. i am in my grade 12 and 15 years old. my language skills are below satisfactory but my physics is good. due to certain circumstances i was forced to take biology instead of mathematics. i am good at mathematics too . i want to study physics in my undergrad. in nepal., physics is more mugging and less understanding and i want to pursue my physics education in some great colleges of usa. do i have any chance? i know that i can bring very good marks in sat subject tests. but in main sat i dont think i can bring even average marks. and also my application essay is going to be worse as my language skills are damned. do i have any chance?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2011 #2
    You still have a good bit of time to catch up right?

4. Sep 10, 2011 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You're only 15, that means you've got 3 years to catch up!!

My advice: practice english a lot. Take a hobby and find an internet forum about the hobby and start posting there (it might even be this one). Be sure to let people comment on your english. The more you post, the better your english will be. This is basically how I learned english.

Constructive criticism; every sentence in english starts with a capital letter. No exceptions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook