Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dancing the night away

1. Feb 14, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

with a bunch of Brazilians.. boy I had fun today
    anyone else knows Latin dance?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Whoa!!!!!! Monique...dancing the night away with a group of wild Brazillian's!!!!!!

I spent the night watching my cat cough up hairballs. :frown:

4. Feb 15, 2004 #3

teach me dancing!!! I wanna take my friends to dance sometime when I learn@!!!

5. Feb 15, 2004 #4

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*jealous*

6. Feb 15, 2004 #5

Tsu

Gold Member

Monique! You LUCKY PUPPY!!!! You are living one of my DREAMS!! Residing in Amsterdam, dancing with handsome Brazilian guys...aaahhhhhhh. Latin dance...well, they TOLD me I was Latin dancing... I guess if you pound down enough tequila you can truly BELIEVE what you are doing is latin dancing... . That was the night we took the mariachi band home with us to sing to the wife of one of the guys in our party cuz she wasn't going to let him into the house after being gone all night...actually, they just changed places. HE went up to bed, SHE came down and joined the party - which carried on in the street in front of their house!! This was at DAWN on Sunday morning in Mexico! (guess she didn't plan on going to church...:wink:)

Evo. Yikes. Hairballs. Get some Hartz Hairball Remedy. I haven't had to clean up cat puke since we started using it. Great stuff. My kitties love it - eat it right off my finger, they do!!

7. Feb 15, 2004 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Re: Dancing the night away..

Yes, a bunch of Brazilians came over for three weeks, part of an exchange program (one of my friends, she went to Brazil for three weeks to help build facilities for the villages) Last night was the goodbye party, so we stayed up until they had to leave for the airport at 4 am :)

So there was lots of music, we did a few traditional dances (they made an attempt on teaching us at least), which was really cool.. and some rhumba, merengue, salsa

8. Feb 15, 2004 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

I danced for the first time ever (sober) in friday..and i didnt feel that stupid...which was odd

9. Feb 15, 2004 #8
    What do you mean when you say dance jimmyp? I know you and i reckon your dancing is different to the dancing monique's refering too.

10. Feb 16, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

i had a poor attempt at moving my body to the music Doesnt make me sound so good anymore. Talking of Latin music, everyone should buy a Gipsy Kings album ....Mosaique is really good.

11. Feb 18, 2004 #10
    Timmo Maas is good as well.

12. Feb 19, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

See that I'm jealous of, furballs are easy to clean up. One of our cats is a retard and has the inate ability to 'miss' the litter tray. disgusting to clean up...and it pukes all the time. It's stupid, she will eat tons of food, puke it up and then immediately go back to the food bowl...

Also another one of our cats thinks it's clever and funny to piss on the door mat. You cant clean that unless you put it in the wash and then we are doormat-less.

13. Feb 19, 2004 #12
    I can dance Merengue, and I'm learning Salsa. Those are the two dances of my native country (Puerto Rico), and there really the only ones I've ever enjoyed doing...I wonder if there's a connection?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?