Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dang it, the water's out!

1. Mar 23, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I'm mad. Penguins need water and our water line broke! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't even handle 1 hour of this crap, how did people live without showering daily a hundred years ago and in france

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 23, 2006 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Use Handiwipes. :biggrin:

Or go visit your neighbors. :biggrin:

Ask yourself, what would tribdog do?

Now, if I was thirty years younger, and in your spot, I would call up some of the girls I know, and ask if I could use their shower. o:)

4. Mar 23, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Laugh at me.

5. Mar 23, 2006 #4

Evo

After the line gets fixed, run your faucets a bit, you'll probably have dirt and small pebbles in the line. I've had water lines cut before.

6. Mar 23, 2006 #5
    You ever tried braking your own water line just to have a plausible excuse? You know Pengwuino, this could be a blessing in disguise, plus a lesson for the future. :wink:

7. Mar 23, 2006 #6
    Seriously, what did you do to piss off your bird gods!?!?!?!?!? Everyday I get on PF and read about you having another problem O____O

I would move out of California if I were you....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  8. Mar 23, 2006 #7
    It's just a matter of perception. As I said, this could be a blessing in disguise, so long as he doesn't moan and groan about it. I've never heard a penguin groaning or moaning, so I don't think he'll have to worry about anything.

9. Mar 23, 2006 #8

But isn't moaning and groaning a good sign usually?

10. Mar 23, 2006 #9
    I don't see what the big fuss is about. It's not like he actually bathed himself anyways :confused:. We have all seen that sty he calls his bedroom.

11. Mar 23, 2006 #10

Which would explain the constant rotting fish smell.

12. Mar 23, 2006 #11
    Trust me, that's not the reason for that smell, if you know what I mean. :wink:

13. Mar 23, 2006 #12
    Not when there's a penguin and a lack of water involved. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Wait, that was a stupid thing to say, it's impossible to do that here in GD.

14. Mar 23, 2006 #13

Astronuc

Please allow me to elaborate -

What would tribdog do if he were in your situation? :rolleyes:

Is it your water line, i.e. after the water meter, or are you an a well? Evo's right about flushing the line, and if your on a well, you may need to chlorinate (shock) it. I had a friend who got a contaminated well because the drilling company used water from a ditch (near cattle pastures) to get started! :yuck: :rolleyes:

If it was me, I just go to the local hardware store and buy new pipe/tube and install it myself. Just a few hours.

15. Mar 23, 2006 #14
    Its good to laugh at yourself once in a while. Maybe Tribdog was not so wrong. :uhh: :bugeye: :eek: :surprised

16. Mar 23, 2006 #15
    If I were a penguin in your situation I might go stand out in some public place with a sign saying "Will work for shower."

If anyone takes you up on it, it's almost guarranteed they won't want you working around their place before you shower, and will tell you to do that first. When you're finished just slither out the bathroom window and waddle home.

17. Mar 23, 2006 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here, Penguin..

[​IMG]

just be careful with it.

18. Mar 23, 2006 #17

:yuck: :yuck:

19. Mar 23, 2006 #18

Evo

I'm surprised it doesn't say "don't use while asleep", my hairdryer has that warning. :bugeye:

20. Mar 23, 2006 #19
    I guess the hairdryer people have heard of Ambien.

21. Mar 23, 2006 #20

Evo

I need to post the article on people eating in their sleep while on Ambien, it's hysterical.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?