Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dang Van multiaxial fatigue criterion

1. Jul 16, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a difference between two versions of the Dang Van criterion on multiaxial fatigue.
    Let's say that Dang Van 1 is the one that uses a critical plane and Dang Van 2 the one that uses the Tresca criterion (which means no critical plane)

I assume that the only difference lies in the fact that Dang Van 2 is way faster when computed since it does not require the search of a specific plane

But is there any way those 2 criterion can give different results for a same fatigue cycle?

I wrote a programm in which both criterion are computed and I have not been able to find a case where different results can be obtained, even with non proportionnal stress

Does anyone has any clue?

Thank you for answering :)

Oznerol

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook