Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dangerous Toys

1. Dec 16, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2006 #2
    I especially liked the lawn darts picture with the kid with a dart through his neck. That was hillarious.
  4. Dec 16, 2006 #3
    And the crackpots live on:

5. Dec 16, 2006 #4
    It's quite ridiculous that tiny samples of alpha emitters and Wilson cloud chambers are listed here as "highly dangerous". To wax hyperbolic, it is an insult to the millions of veterans who died to give us freedom of press, for these lazy idiot "journalists" to squander it with their unresearched, unverified tripe.
  6. Dec 16, 2006 #5
    Hehe, look how the "journalist" puts " "very low-level" radiation sources" in quotes. She thinks it's ironic!

(edit: fixed her gender)
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  7. Dec 16, 2006 #6
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Radioactive nuclear weapons! Think of the children!
  8. Dec 16, 2006 #7
    "The brightly-colored disco ball cost 1,500 Chuck E. Cheese tickets. For the average skee-baller, that adds up to about 15 months of play at a cost of approximately $20,000."

I had to laugh at that. I can remember convincing my parents to take me and some friends to chuck e. cheese's for a couple hours. Probably spent a good $100 playing the various games, and walked out with a few stickers you could get for $0.25 at the corner store. lol.
  9. Dec 16, 2006 #8
    And McDiabetes will kill a million times as many children as that whole list put together.
  10. Dec 16, 2006 #9

Right under this topic I see "Potato Cannons"
  11. Dec 16, 2006 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We had both lawn darts and sky dancers! Fortunately, we all have at least one shred of intelligence too.
  12. Dec 16, 2006 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For some real fun, glue 'em together. Dart dancers! wheeee!
  13. Dec 17, 2006 #12
    Under this thread are 90's arcade games, potato cannons, magnets, and legos...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?