Finding Darboux Sums Online: Any Suggestions?

In summary, The speaker is asking for suggestions on where to find information on Darboux sums, specifically in relation to defining definite integrals. They mention having a book by a Russian mathematician but forgot it at home. Another person suggests spelling "Darboux" correctly for better search results. The speaker thanks them for the tip and explains they were spelling it in their own language.
sutupidmath
HI guys, i was wondering whether there is any site online where i could read about darbu sums. Because i want then to define the definite integral using darbu sums. I had a book, written by a russian mathematician, but i forgott it home, so there is no way i can get hold of it.

So, any suggestion?

thnx

Physics news on Phys.org
Spelling "Darboux" correctly will probably enhance your Google searches. :wink:

morphism said:
Spelling "Darboux" correctly will probably enhance your Google searches. :wink:

Wow..lol.. thanx, i had never seen this term in English, so i basically typed it in as it is in my own language.

Thanx.

What is a Darboux sum?

A Darboux sum is a mathematical tool used in calculus to approximate the area under a curve. It involves dividing the curve into smaller sections, calculating the area of each section, and then adding them together to get an estimate of the total area.

Why is finding Darboux sums online useful?

Finding Darboux sums online can be useful because it allows for quick and easy calculation of these sums without the need for manual calculations. It also allows for the use of more complex functions and larger intervals, which may be difficult to calculate by hand.

What are some suggestions for finding Darboux sums online?

There are several websites and online calculators that can help with finding Darboux sums. These include Wolfram Alpha, Desmos, and Symbolab. Additionally, there are many tutorials and resources available online for learning how to find Darboux sums.

What are the limitations of finding Darboux sums online?

One limitation of finding Darboux sums online is that it relies on the accuracy and precision of the software or website being used. There may also be limitations in the types of functions or intervals that can be calculated. Finally, it is important to understand the concepts and methods behind finding Darboux sums in order to ensure accurate results.

How are Darboux sums used in real-world applications?

Darboux sums are used in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics to approximate and analyze quantities such as work, volume, and profit. They are also used in the development of numerical integration methods, which are widely used in computer simulations and modeling.