Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Dark energy + black hole

1. Nov 13, 2017 #1
    As I understand it, if you were to inject lots of dark energy into the molten core of a planet, the planet would inflate like a bubble over time until the forces of dark energy and gravity were in balance or until the bubble popped. If you were to inject dark energy into the interior of a black hole, what would happen?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2017 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

You cannot "inject" dark energy into anything. It's not something you can corral and coerce into doing your bidding, so your question makes no sense.

4. Nov 13, 2017 #3
    Its weird. Whenever I ask a question on a physics forum I always get two or three obsessive compulsives that don't understand what’s going on answering a question I didn't ask before someone comes along with something intelligent.

5. Nov 13, 2017 #4

fresh_42

Staff: Mentor

This is possibly due to the fact that
    In order to get even close to an answer, one had to make so many assumptions on what is still unknown that a every answer would be meaningless. The only intelligent answer is
    Speculations and thus the question isn't covered by our rules without a scientific basis, i.e. some mainstream science in whose context a discussion could be settled.

Thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook