Dassett Hills Church: Knights Templar History & Wishing Well

• History
  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a person going on a ramble and taking photos of a church with links to the Knights Templar and a spooky wishing well. Another person complimented the photos and encouraged the original photographer to take more. The original photographer thanked them and admitted to being a novice at photography.
Science news on Phys.org
That is so cool that you have places like that so nearby.

The well looks spooky!

I loved the photos. You should take many more, those turned out very nice.

hypatia said:
I loved the photos. You should take many more, those turned out very nice.

Thank you Hypatia, i am a novice when it comes to photogrphy so i am glad these ones turned out okay.

What is the history of Dassett Hills Church?

The Dassett Hills Church has a long history dating back to the 12th century, when it was built by the Knights Templar as a place of worship and refuge for travelers.

What role did the Knights Templar play in the church's history?

The Knights Templar were a religious and military order that played a significant role in the crusades and were known for their wealth and power. They built the Dassett Hills Church as a place of worship and also used it as a base for their operations in the area.

Is there really a wishing well at Dassett Hills Church?

Yes, there is a wishing well located on the grounds of the church. According to local legend, the Knights Templar would toss coins into the well and make wishes before battle.

What makes Dassett Hills Church a popular tourist destination?

Aside from its rich history and association with the Knights Templar, Dassett Hills Church is also known for its stunning architecture and picturesque location. It is a popular spot for visitors to explore and learn about the church's past.

Are there any special events or activities held at Dassett Hills Church?

Yes, the church hosts various events and activities throughout the year, such as historical reenactments, guided tours, and community gatherings. These events provide visitors with a unique opportunity to experience the church's history and traditions.