Data Acquisition Design: PLC, I/O, PC | Manuals & Alternatives

• Thread starter nople
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data
In summary, the old software for the PLC has been corrupted and obsolete, and there is no communication data between the PLC and the CHINO interface. The PLC still functions, but replacing the outdated software with a new system is not an inexpensive solution.
nople
Hi,
I want to design a new data acquisition for my system. Here the detail :

1) PLC using RS 232
2) Interface I/O RS 485(USING MOD BUS), 7 types of interface module but using same communication cable
3) PC ( as a monitoring data) with RS232 card and RS 485

the main problem is the old software have been corrupted and obsolete. so if anyone can advice to use other altenative software that can communicate with this item.Just want to know where to that software and the manual for this software.thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
any guide what should i do?I have scanned all the interface ip but that take a long time to completed the ip scan..=(

Your PLC is probably going to a have proprietary software along with a proprietary compiler. Unless you want to do some reverse engineering, I suggest you contact the manufacturer and see if you can re-order or download their software. Whats the make and model?

The model of PLC is Micrex manufacturer of Fuji Electric.
Actually the software was design by another company called CHINO from Japan also but this company not existing anymore.That is the problem, I already ask supplier to provides this kind of software but they cannot supply it.

The other way is, to find another software that be able to receive and send Data from/to PLC and Interface. In addition, when i do a study on data cable of PLC and Interface and find out there are using different data communication cable.

Both using Coxial Cable but the signal was different.(I'm not expert on Communication,correct me if wrong)
PLC signal is square wave +/- 2V and Interface signal is ac wave(more than 2 signal and using different feq) around 0~2v and 0~-4v.

I assume it using different protocol.anyone could explain what kind of signal it is for this Interface?

Sounds like you need to replace the obsolete PLC with a more modern unit.

berkeman said:
Sounds like you need to replace the obsolete PLC with a more modern unit.

No kidding. Given the description, the thing sounds older than I am. Its going to be less time and trouble to just buy a new unit or make one from scratch.

thanks for reply berkeman, to replace all the control system is not cheap. In addition, the PLC still can be use but there no communication data with PLC and CHINO interface (input output).Seem all the input output interface was using MODE BUS communication (where it use RS 485) but the PLC was using P-LINK as a communication data(where the signal was square wave).

The software that been use was design to send and receive data (data acquisition)from both device (PLC & Interface). When i ask the supplier(FUJI ELECTRIC at JAPAN) if any alternative software to replace the damage software(because the software was obselete),there suggest to change it to new system(replace the CHINO interface) and I don't agree with that (It too exspensive)...b'coz the PLC still in good condition and I don't believe there no other software fit to this kind of data communication.So that why I try to find the answer here if anyone know where I can find that kind of software & drivers.

here the schematic diagram for your understanding: http://www.geocities.com/miseryself_4ever/DATA.jpg

any idea?

1. What is the purpose of data acquisition design?

Data acquisition design is used to collect and process data from various sensors and inputs in order to monitor and control a system. This data can then be used for analysis and decision making in various industries such as manufacturing, research, and automation.

2. What are the main components of a data acquisition system?

A data acquisition system typically consists of a programmable logic controller (PLC), input/output (I/O) modules, and a personal computer (PC). The PLC serves as the central processing unit, the I/O modules collect data from sensors and devices, and the PC serves as the user interface and data storage.

3. What is the role of a PLC in data acquisition design?

The PLC is responsible for controlling and coordinating the data acquisition process. It receives input from the various sensors and devices, processes the data, and sends output signals to the I/O modules. The PLC can also be programmed to perform specific tasks and make decisions based on the collected data.

4. What are some alternatives to using a PLC in data acquisition design?

Some alternatives to using a PLC in data acquisition design include using microcontrollers, single-board computers, or custom-built data acquisition systems. These alternatives may be more cost-effective for smaller-scale applications or specialized systems.

5. What are some common manuals used for data acquisition design?

Some common manuals used for data acquisition design include the PLC programming manual, I/O module installation manual, and user manuals for any software used for data analysis. These manuals provide detailed instructions and troubleshooting tips for setting up and operating a data acquisition system.