Data from scanned surface

• A
  • Thread starter Adriel
  • Start date
Adriel

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello everyone, I just had a question for you all. I am trying to use a laser to scan a particular surface. What software or data retrieval tool would I need in order to view the surface in question after scanning it with a laser? Also, what wavelength and wattage would you suggest for getting information about a surface? Like if I just wanted to see what the everyday surface like a wooden counter looked like? Thank you all.

Answers and Replies

davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
hi
welcome to PF :smile:

Hello everyone, I just had a question for you all. I am trying to use a laser to scan a particular surface. What software or data retrieval tool would I need in order to view the surface in question after scanning it with a laser? Also, what wavelength and wattage would you suggest for getting information about a surface? Like if I just wanted to see what the everyday surface like a wooden counter looked like? Thank you all.
you have tagged your post with an "A" tag ... indicating that you are post graduate level
This assumes you know how to do basic research. so what have you done so far and what did you not understand about what you have been reading on the subject ?

Dave

Nidum
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This is a very mature technology . There is a great deal of published information on the subject and ready made scanning equipment and software is available .