Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Database Error Message

1. Mar 15, 2008 #1

I was just trying to access a website that I could access just yesterday, however today I get the following message:

How do I fix this?
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2008 #2

Science Advisor

Is this your site? If not then there's nothing you can do but wait until the site resolves its database issues. If it is then you should provide a little more detail.
  4. Mar 15, 2008 #3
    It's not my site.
  5. Mar 16, 2008 #4

Science Advisor

All right then, i can see why you might interpret the error message on the site as referring to something on your browser or computer but in fact it's intent is to inform the site administrators that something is wrong - they're probably performing maintenance or an upgrade.
  6. Mar 16, 2008 #5
    Thanks for the information. Yes, I did think there was something wrong with my settings on my browser. They must be performing maintenance or an upgrade because the message is still up there.
  7. Jan 22, 2012 #6
    This is from a really old forum, March 2008, but I just had the same problem with a Safari browser trying to connect to a website I've participated in for about 4 years from an email link that is the usual way notified when new comments are made, and never saw this problem ever before then oddly it happened this a.m. after I'd been connecting several times without any problem. I've tried connecting via other browsers and I can connect using Firefox, so it looks like some imbalance between Safari and the website. I like Safari but don't know really what to do. Should I contact Safari? Is that even possible? I emailed the webmaster of the website but have not heard back. Any ideas? Thanks if anyone is still minding this forum who decides to respond.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?