Date is september the 12th 2001

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person on a flight from Iran to Washington on September 12th, 2001. They decide to stretch their legs and check on the pilot, but when they try to open the cockpit door, someone shouts "STOP, ARMED POLICE!" The person bursts through the door in a panic and wonders if they would be surprised if they got shot. They discuss how it wouldn't be surprising on a normal day, but especially on September 12th. They also mention the parallel and similarities they see with the events of that day and the cancellation of commercial flights into the US.
Andy
The date is september the 12th 2001 and you are on a flying from (lets just say Iran) to Washington. All of a sudden you decide that you want to stretch your legs and go check on the pilot, so you start to walk to the front of the airplane. When you try to open the cockpit door someone shouts "STOP, ARMED POLICE!" Upon hearing this you burst through the door in pannick falling as you do.

Would you be surprised if you got shot in the back of the head?

Physics news on Phys.org
If it was even a normal day I wouldn't dream of just strolling up to the cockpit on a commercial airline, let alone on sept 12- so no I wouldn't be astonished if I got shot.

An interesting parallel Andy.

The more I think about this, the more I see similarities.

Whoa, what a coincidence

Andy <shakes head>

I believe commercial flights coming into the US were canceled on 9-12.

Either way, point made.

1. What happened on September 12th, 2001?

September 12th, 2001 is the day after the devastating terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11th, 2001. This date marks the beginning of the aftermath and recovery efforts.

2. Was there any significant event on September 12th, 2001?

Yes, September 12th, 2001 was the day that President George W. Bush addressed the nation and declared war on terrorism in response to the attacks on September 11th. It was also the day that the United States Congress passed the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists.

3. How did people respond to September 12th, 2001?

In the aftermath of the attacks on September 11th, people across the world were shocked and devastated. On September 12th, 2001, there were many expressions of grief and support for the victims and their families. There were also increased security measures and a sense of unity and patriotism in the United States.

4. What was the impact of September 12th, 2001 on the United States?

The attacks on September 11th, 2001 and the subsequent events on September 12th had a profound impact on the United States. It led to changes in national security policies and an increase in surveillance measures. It also sparked debates on civil liberties and the use of military force.

5. How has September 12th, 2001 been remembered?

September 12th, 2001 is remembered as a day of mourning and reflection. It is also recognized as a day of resilience and unity as the country came together to support the victims and their families. Annually, it is observed as Patriot Day in the United States to honor and remember the lives lost on September 11th.