Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Date of world war 3

1. Dec 14, 2005 #1
    when do you think the next world war will be?

i think somewhere/when between 2010-2013, but i don't want to gamble.
    :cool:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

March 23, 2012

4. Dec 14, 2005 #3

___

i read somewhere that nostradamus predicted a big war from 2006-2007 A.D. which will have 75% of humans down, and a leadre will save and lead the remaining human life, s/he(i guess it was he) will choose thursday as his day.

5. Dec 14, 2005 #4

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That must be me ! :approve:

6. Dec 14, 2005 #5
    tomorrow always tomorrow

7. Dec 14, 2005 #6
    I say some time near 2020.That date just sounds like a world war year to me but maybe i am just crazy:rofl:

8. Dec 14, 2005 #7
    29th August, 2035, 7:13pm GMT +03.45.568 seconds, with an uncertainty of ±2 in the last digit, caused by a chinese ambassador being swallowed by an angry hippo on an official visit to Lapland to meet Father Christmas.

9. Dec 14, 2005 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This answer is clearly nonsense: studies have shown that a hippo takes longer than 4/1000ths of a second to swallow a Chinese Ambassador.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  10. Dec 14, 2005 #9

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Perhaps a more relevant question to ask would be "what do you think will be the cause of the next world war", since when it starts is entirely dependant on that.

11. Dec 14, 2005 #10
    I don't believe I've ever heard of that paper, could you provide a reference?

12. Dec 14, 2005 #11

Lisa!

Gold Member

Never! Never! But I think some day it would happen anyway!:frown:

The leader of ants!:tongue2:

13. Dec 14, 2005 #12

cronxeh

Gold Member

I was wondering about something. If there was an individual or a group of individuals who would use propaganda and other lowtech techniques to subdue large masses into nationalism and destabilize the world peace, wont it be easier to simple assassinate each of those individuals, rather than actually wage a WW3 whereas more people would die?

I'm not just talking about Hitler-like guys going down. I'm talking about the advisers, the guys with brains and intent who want to capitalize on the weakness of mankind and see their agenda to fruition. This ought to go across the borders - in all countries. Each country should take care of their own bane because if they dont the consequences are much dire to let the plan go in effect.

We are already seeing the nearly Nazi-like syndroms in the world today. In the UK there is the BNP, in the USA there is the Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Elliot Abrams, Cheney, and Lewis Libby. In Russia there is a party Eurasia and LDPR (dont let the name Liberal Democratic Party of Russia fool you) - those are ultra right almost neo-fascist parties today all over Europe and a small percentage of neo-nazis in USA

14. Dec 14, 2005 #13

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Not while I am alive. :cool:

15. Dec 14, 2005 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

Long live Astronuc! :cool:

16. Dec 14, 2005 #15

cronxeh

Gold Member

and then his subsequent clones

17. Dec 14, 2005 #16
    Never

Maybe between different inhabbited planets by people someday. I doubt there would be a world war on earth though....

EDIT: Really depends on what you mean by "world war"

18. Dec 14, 2005 #17
    I see George Bush as the culprit in starting the next World War if one occurs.

So in the next four years. :surprised

19. Dec 14, 2005 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Wanna take a bet on that? o:)

I think it should be legal to take bets on dumb predictions like that. Aliens will visit next thursday, china will invade taiwain by the end of 06, Y2K, etc etc. Vegas would make a killing, people are stupid.

And I'm changing my prediction, i say 2020... theres something fishy about that year... too many things are promised "by 2020"... i think that must be the end of the world.

PENGUIN HAS SPOKEN!

20. Dec 14, 2005 #19

Lisa!

Gold Member

Good people are immortal!o:)

21. Dec 15, 2005 #20
    so you are planning on dying before ww3? :rolleyes:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?