Predicting the Likelihood of World War 3: A Scientific Perspective

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary: I think they were. When people start dying, that's when it would be a world war.In summary, this person believes that the next world war will happen within the next four years. They are unsure as to when exactly it will happen, but believe it will be sometime between 2010-2013. They also believe that George Bush was responsible for starting the last world war.
Gotta finish WW Zero first --- started around 700 AD, and still going.

Physics news on Phys.org
27th November 2008, bring your own gun.

loseyourname said:
It does seem a little disingenuous, or at least Eurocentric, to call WWI a 'world' war, but at least WWII took place in both hemispheres and on three continents (four if you count Pearl Harbor and Midway as part of North America). (snip)

Aleutians, California, Pac. NW balloon bombs, Darwin --- let's make it five continents.

yesterday is when it will happen

loseyourname said:
It does seem a little disingenuous, or at least Eurocentric, to call WWI a 'world' war,...

Countries involved in WWI

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4f/WWI-re.png/800px-WWI-re.png

Fighting took place all over the European Empires, including Africa, Asia en Oceania. There was even the threat of Mexico joining the war as a German ally, which was one of the reasons that Wilson asked congress to declare war (as was still done it those times :rolleyes: )

Last edited by a moderator:
russ_watters said:
A world war has major world powers on both sides of the fight.

If that is the case, then it will start when we invade Iran. China and Russia have both thrown in their lot with the Iranians, and I think it is likely they would side with them in an armed conflict.

Is that the actual definition of a world war? I don't have my webster's on hand.

I'd make the case it has already begun. We are fighting thousands of individuals scattered world wide who do not fight under a national banner, rather one of radical islam. These so called terrorists have carried out attacks on at least four continents in multiple nations (USA,UK, Canada (Thwarted), Spain, Germany (thwarted), Indonesia, Australia, Israel).

These attacks have roused the attention of many nations, as evidenced by the mutlinational force that invaded iraq.

Granted this war is different than any other we have fought before, but I think this is going to be the trend for the indefinite future. The days of large standing armies going to war in a battlefield are over. Small skirmishes in urban areas are going to be the norm.

In my mind it is clear, we are living in world war 3 but nobody has dared call it that yet.

What do you mean by WW0? My history is hopeless...

future isn't looking so bright either

Dimitri Terryn said:
Countries involved in WWI

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4f/WWI-re.png/800px-WWI-re.png

Fighting took place all over the European Empires, including Africa, Asia en Oceania. There was even the threat of Mexico joining the war as a German ally, which was one of the reasons that Wilson asked congress to declare war (as was still done it those times :rolleyes: )
This map is not clear. Which colours denote the involved countries ? If hope it's not the orange ones because that would be incomplete. Here is a better list : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I

marlon

Last edited by a moderator:
A while ago I posted "never"...

I am changing that statement now.

Novermber 17, 2009

History may well say that it started March 19, 2003.

Integral said:
History may well say that it started March 19, 2003.
That's around the time that we first dropped our bombs on Baghdad... :uhh:

Yep, The Iraq war is far from over and may well get MUCH worse before it gets any better.. Georgie boy has opened a real can of worms, now .. can he get us out??

Integral said:
Yep, The Iraq war is far from over and may well get MUCH worse before it gets any better.. Georgie boy has opened a real can of worms, now .. can he get us out??

We already know his exit strategy: He leaves office in Jan, 2009.

With any luck his next term will be 5-10.