Dating for the Elderly: Are You Over 40 and Single?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, there is a poll for the older people on the forum to see how many of them are single. There are also discussions about the options in the poll and some joking around. Some members reveal their age and relationship status.

Are you?

• Female, over 40, soon to be single

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
BobG said:
Is there a little of bias in Evo's fish slaps?
MIH is 25, she's telling stories. :biggrin:

I noticed dlgoff had to know how Evo voted before he decided how old he was. Surely he should have to at least cite a valid reference before we take his age at face value.
Good point.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a hard time believing http://i.eonline.com/Entire_Site/20080430/300.cyrus.miley.043008.jpg [Broken] is over 40, too. That has to be some great make up - aside from being kind of itchy.

None the less, if she wants to claim she's forty-two, then we can invite her for tea, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you ask her to sing Schwimmer's "drag" song?

"I am Bea. I love tea. Won't you come and dance with me?"

Practice up, Cy. Maybe it will end up on YouTube. :biggrin:

Please everyone, don't break my heart. My...

BC has a new meaning.

Cyrus said:
Please everyone, don't break my heart. My...

...achy breaky heart
I just don't think he'd understand
And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart
He might blow up and kill this man
Ooo

Evo said:
MIH is 25, she's telling stories. :biggrin:

I remember 25 fondly. I was playing bass in a rock 'n' roll band and Bill Clinton was moving into the White House.

Good times. Good times.

Thanks for thinking I am a young whippersnapper, Evo.

Last edited:
MIH, I have clothes older than you!

BobG said:
I noticed dlgoff had to know how Evo voted before he decided how old he was. Surely he should have to at least cite a valid reference before we take his age at face value.
They don't make references old enough. What can I say?

turbo-1 said:
MIH, I have clothes older than you!

Just hang onto them, turbo, they'll come back into style some day :tongue2: ...

dlgoff said:
They don't make references old enough. What can I say?

We can test for age. :devil:

My avatar is a close up of:

a) a Walther WSR 160
b) a Picket N600-T
c) a K&E #4012
d) a VIC-20
e) an HP-35

May I ask, and get a real answer for once, without being fish slapped into a coma, how old is Evo?

binzing said:
May I ask, and get a real answer for once, without being fish slapped into a coma, how old is Evo?
Evo is younger than me and Astronuc, and she is older than MIH and Moonbear. If you want to tighten this up, you'll have to pay.

And how old are YOU turbo?

turbo-1 said:
Evo is younger than me and Astronuc, and she is older than MIH and Moonbear. If you want to tighten this up, you'll have to pay.
I'm mature for my age, although I try not to be. :biggrin: Evo and I are close, but I age faster.

turbo-1 said:

:rofl: I didn't realize I was younger than MIH either. I always thought we were very close in age. I'm the baby sister! :bugeye: I had no idea!

I also didn't realize berkeman was single. I don't know why, but I just always assumed he was married. Go figure!

I'm also wondering when Cyrus got that operation. :uhh:

binzing said:
And how old are YOU turbo?
I'm not older than dirt, but I'm getting up there.

binzing said:
I'm older than dirt.

I still say MIH is lying to make me feel better.

It just proves age is how you look, feel, and act.

Right...

binzing said:
Right...
Evo thinks binzing wants to be banned. :biggrin:

That would be abuse of power. Besides, that sarcasm meant that you AREN'T older than dirt, IMO...

binzing said:
That would be abuse of power.
Or a slip of the finger, you know how us old people are, eyesight's going, hands aren't quite as steady as they used to be... o:)

Besides, that sarcasm meant that you AREN'T older than dirt, IMO...
Ah, binzing is my new BFF.

Evo said:
Or a slip of the finger, you know how us old people are, eyesight's going, hands aren't quite as steady as they used to be... o:)
:rofl::rofl:
I'll be sure to mind my manners.

BobG said:
We can test for age. :devil:

My avatar is a close up of:

a) a Walther WSR 160
b) a Picket N600-T
c) a K&E #4012
d) a VIC-20
e) an HP-35
Oh. That's easy. It's a.

Evo is not older than dirt. I know because I have evaluated too much dirt in my day (soil scientist). She is too contemporary to have been instrumental in the development of the soils here-abouts.

Moonbear said:
:rofl: I didn't realize I was younger than MIH either. I always thought we were very close in age. I'm the baby sister! :bugeye: I had no idea!

I also didn't realize berkeman was single. I don't know why, but I just always assumed he was married. Go figure!

I'm also wondering when Cyrus got that operation. :uhh:
If I was to guess, I would put MIH and you at just about the same age. KIDS!

binzing said:
Right...

You don't count here. My vacuum cleaner is older than you. :grumpy:

BobG said:
I have a hard time believing http://i.eonline.com/Entire_Site/20080430/300.cyrus.miley.043008.jpg [Broken] is over 40, too. That has to be some great make up - aside from being kind of itchy.

None the less, if she wants to claim she's forty-two, then we can invite her for tea, too.

In that case I'm in my forties as well. I'm 3 or 4 months older than Cyrus...(HA! points finger at Cyrus)

If you want to date the elderly, use this.

782671_sk_lg.jpg

Right on the handle it says 2000 plus...

Wait wait...so the one in the films is Brando or our Marlon?

binzing said:
Wait wait...so the one in the films is Brando or our Marlon?

Oh he's going to love to hear that...

Gah...nvm...I only assumed Marlon Brando because there only SOOO many famous Marlons...

binzing said:
Gah...nvm...I only assumed Marlon Brando because there only SOOO many famous Marlons...

Marlon Monroe, Marlon Chaney, Marlon Gaye

<h2>1. What are the benefits of dating for the elderly?</h2><p>Dating for the elderly can have many benefits, including companionship, emotional support, and the opportunity to try new things and create new memories. It can also improve overall well-being and mental health.</p><h2>2. Is it common for people over 40 to be single and dating?</h2><p>Yes, it is becoming increasingly common for people over 40 to be single and actively dating. With advancements in technology and a shift in societal norms, people are getting married later in life or choosing to stay single.</p><h2>3. How can I meet potential partners as an elderly person?</h2><p>There are many ways to meet potential partners as an elderly person, such as through online dating sites, social events, or joining clubs or groups with similar interests. It's important to put yourself out there and be open to new experiences.</p><h2>4. Are there any challenges to dating as an elderly person?</h2><p>Dating as an elderly person can come with its own set of challenges, such as dealing with health issues or navigating different lifestyles and expectations. It's important to communicate openly and be patient with yourself and your partner.</p><h2>5. How can I ensure a successful and healthy relationship as an elderly person?</h2><p>To ensure a successful and healthy relationship as an elderly person, it's important to prioritize communication, mutual respect, and understanding. It's also important to take care of your own physical and emotional well-being and not rely solely on your partner for happiness.</p>

1. What are the benefits of dating for the elderly?

Dating for the elderly can have many benefits, including companionship, emotional support, and the opportunity to try new things and create new memories. It can also improve overall well-being and mental health.

2. Is it common for people over 40 to be single and dating?

Yes, it is becoming increasingly common for people over 40 to be single and actively dating. With advancements in technology and a shift in societal norms, people are getting married later in life or choosing to stay single.

3. How can I meet potential partners as an elderly person?

There are many ways to meet potential partners as an elderly person, such as through online dating sites, social events, or joining clubs or groups with similar interests. It's important to put yourself out there and be open to new experiences.

4. Are there any challenges to dating as an elderly person?

Dating as an elderly person can come with its own set of challenges, such as dealing with health issues or navigating different lifestyles and expectations. It's important to communicate openly and be patient with yourself and your partner.

5. How can I ensure a successful and healthy relationship as an elderly person?

To ensure a successful and healthy relationship as an elderly person, it's important to prioritize communication, mutual respect, and understanding. It's also important to take care of your own physical and emotional well-being and not rely solely on your partner for happiness.