Dating sites are they real or a joke someone fill me in

• Thread starter k19r14s15
  • Start date
In summary, dating sites can be a mix of both real and fake profiles. One recommended site is OKCupid, which is free and has mostly real profiles. However, one may find that most people on dating sites are quite similar. Newscientist also has a dating site, and there are numerous other free dating sites available. Ultimately, it depends on what the individual is looking for - a date, love, or just a casual connection. Good luck!
k19r14s15
dating sites are they real or a joke someone fill me in

Physics news on Phys.org

k19r14s15 said:
dating sites are they real or a joke someone fill me in
The legitimate ones are real, not everyone that registers is real.

Join OKCupid! It's free and most of the profiles are real.

Sadly, when you browse dating sites, you notice that all people are actually quite the same :frown:

Evo said:
The legitimate ones are real, not everyone that registers is real.

I have seriously got to ask where Newscientist falls in all this?. :)
(Yes, apparently, it er now runs a dating site as well.)

and i take it there are how many free dating sites out there?

k19r14s15 said:
and i take it there are how many free dating sites out there?
Why does it matter? What do you want?

Does this thread have some point?

a date maybe love it's hard to find one in the usa theses days?

k19r14s15 said:
a date maybe love it's hard to find one in the usa theses days?
No, it's not. If you want free join OK Cupid.

already on the site did the profile and still nothing

k19r14s15 said:
already on the site did the profile and still nothing
Well, you can lead a horse to water...

Good luck.

1. Are dating sites legitimate?

Yes, there are many legitimate dating sites that have successfully matched couples and helped people find meaningful relationships. However, it's important to do your research and choose a reputable and well-established site.

2. How do I know if someone on a dating site is real?

Unfortunately, there are some fake profiles on dating sites. Look for red flags such as overly perfect photos, vague or generic information, and requests for money or personal information. Also, try to verify their identity through social media or video calls before meeting in person.

3. Can you really find love on a dating site?

Yes, many people have found long-lasting relationships and even gotten married through dating sites. It's important to be honest and clear about your intentions and to communicate openly with potential matches.

4. Are dating sites just for hookups?

No, dating sites cater to a variety of relationship goals, from casual dating to serious relationships and even marriage. It's important to be upfront about what you're looking for and to find a site that aligns with your intentions.

5. Are dating sites safe?

Most reputable dating sites have safety measures in place, such as verification processes and reporting systems for suspicious activity. However, it's important to take precautions and trust your instincts when interacting with people online. Meet in a public place for the first few dates and never give out personal information until you feel comfortable and trust the person.