What Are the Benefits of Combining Physics and Film Making?

• Thread starter Gopher77
  • Start date
In summary, combining physics and film making allows for the creation of more realistic and visually stunning special effects in movies. It also allows for the exploration of complex scientific concepts in a more engaging and accessible way for audiences. This interdisciplinary approach can also lead to groundbreaking advancements in technology and innovation in both fields. Additionally, it offers opportunities for collaboration and bridging the gap between science and the arts. Overall, the merging of physics and film making can enhance the quality and impact of films while also advancing our understanding of the laws of the universe.
Gopher77
Graduated in the 80's with a physics degree, joined the air force and flew around the world for 30 years. After retiring I went back to school and earned and associates degree in film making, and now work in feature films. Usually in the camera department or special effects (so I get to use some physics). Mainly I'm here out of curiosity than anything else. I start reading about something and that leads me to questions that I rack my brain to try to ignite 30 year old knowledge or I search the internet for, but many times come up empty. So it thought it would be cool to join in and learn from real people who are active in the industry. Thanks for the add.

Cheers,
Dave

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Dave!